Monday, March 06, 2006

Santana

Okay, I just made this one up. My mind drifted off as I was listening to Santana.


In the yellow room
the mother stands.
Breasts keen and splendid,
kittens purr at her feet.
The sunlight gleams upon her
she is wise to the world.

Come in to my home
welcome, welcome!
Don’t be overwhelmed by the strange beauty
and the warmth of this dwelling.
All through the doors
all through the halls.

See the walls
with the future written on them?!
Caress the wood, smooth to touch
and metal weapons, armor to lust.
His presence apparent, breathing life in to everything good
the spirit here is magnificent.

Enter the garden where the big Buddha smiles
burn the incense and stay all day.
Sip home brewed tea
with magic spices.
The garden’s alive and the pond is mild
sit here in the shade and love for a while.

6 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Wow. What an inviting poem. And naughty (just a bit). I'd like to walk around inside your heart sometime; it sounds marvelous.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I think this may be naughtier than I first suspected. Is it?

Please help a poor lost soul in poetry country.

don'tneedtoknow said...

Actually, this poem isn't naughty at all. I don't think I'll tell anyone what it means because whatever you're thinking is probably far more interesting than it really is.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
don'tneedtoknow said...

Combined you are 24 and "I'm a mink"! (Quote from Americal Idol contestant Kellie Pickler after judge Simon Cowell told her that she was a minx.)

I had NO idea about the Buddha thing. I was LITERALLY talking about a Buddha statue and I was LITERALLY talking about wood. There is no sexual connotation to this poem whatsoever. Even the line about breasts is not sexual, it's symbolic of a mother's strength and her ability to care for her children (depicted through a statue).

I'll break it down on my next blog entry (on IDVC) when I get a chance. You're going to get it out of me after all.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.