Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thank you kindly!

To say the least, I was delighted
when I found out that I was invited
to participate
and try to create
a poem that wasn’t too blighted.

Thank you to all of you present.
I’ve found all of your weblogs quite pleasant!
And as you can catch
limericks often I hatch.
Though I’m rather quite short on content.

So here I am under this tree
devising a poem for thee.
My mind wants to go one way,
my pen just wants to betray.
And the thoughts in my head disagree!

‘Course it doesn’t help that I have ants
all roaming around in my pants.
Seems a mystery trick
just trying to picnic
under trees and around all these plants.

So I’ll go on back home now and pout.
A poet in me there will sprout
with constant T.V.
and plenty of A.C.
Otherwise my mind might just drought!

Always!
Jas…

1 comment:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Thanks again Orange! It a blast writing these things.