Sunday, April 30, 2006

EMOTIONAL WEATHER REPORT

this lil' ditty by Mr. Waits has been on my mind a lot this week. I've even dedicated a whole blog cake to the issue...
I’d like to pull on your coat about something
lil’ news I’d like to throw your direction…
I’d like to swivel a kinda’ lil’ emotional weather report for you this evening…
when the thunderstorms start increasing over the south east and south central portions of my apartment
I get upset.
and a line of thunderstorms was developing in the early morning hours at the front of a slow-moving cold front

cold blood
with tornado watches issued shortly before noon Sunday for the areas including
the western region of my mental health
and the northern portion of my ability to deal rationally with my disconcerted, precarious emotional situation.
it’s cold out there!
colder than the ticket taker’s smile at the Ivar theatre on Saturday night

flash flood watches cover the southern portion of my disposition
there was no severe weather well into the afternoon except for a kind of low, gusty wind in the bedroom.

high pressure zone
covering the eastern portion of a small suburban community
with a 1034 millibar pressure zone
and a weak pressure ridge extending from my eyes to my cheeks

since you left me baby
put the vice grips on my mental health
well
the extended outlook for an indefinites period of time ‘till you come back to me baby
is high tonight, low tomorrow.
precipitation is expected.

No comments: