Monday, April 17, 2006

A Poem of Love

A Poem of Love

Beneath a planters moon,
My love and I do abide.

The stars of the Heavens stare down unblinkingly,
They cannot look away.

We are joined by a gentle breeze,
That has come to caress us and to celebrate the oldest dance of man.

The morning doves nestle in the pines above us,
And sing of a union immortal and wondrous.

The grass rises up to hold us tenderly,
As We draw together in this leafy bower.

All of Nature holds its collective breath,
As two mortals prepare to collide,

With a power greater than holds,
The planets in their eternal coil.

I draw my Lover closer and feel the beating of her heart,
The warmth of Her kiss; the gentle touch of Her hand.

I try to tell my Love of the feelings that overwhelm me,
She silences me with the soft touch of Her finger to my lips.

“More Rock, Less Talk, stupid!”



Thank you for this small indulgence, Dear and Gentle Reader. I have tried to commit to this site nothing but “serious” poetry, and try as I might, I just can’t do it. It ain’t in me. I have tried to take a worthy subject to reason and rhyme and it always turns into a joke. I start with a dirty limerick and try to veer away to the noble and sublime and my poetic compass spins like a dervish and I find myself meandering back to Boy’s Room graffiti. So very, very sorry, Dear and Gentle Reader. Perhaps I will muster something more for my next entry……….but don’t count on it.

Doc.

2 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I love it.

::small voice:: I would remove the "stupid", tho.

don'tneedtoknow said...

Excellent job! I love it!